Call For Interns, Helper People & Internet Geniuses - December 12, 2012
Brassland is currently seeking interns and helper people. We're looking for two types of interns. Which type of helper are you?
For those who live in the New York City area, we would like you to come by our Brooklyn office on the regular. That's type one! If you don't live in the area, no biggie -- if you've got the proper skillz we can also use assistance maintaining our presence on the information superhighway. That's type two. (There's a secret third type of intern we're on the look out for as well: one who speaks Chinese and/or has exposure to Asian business and culture. A lil' indie label can dream, can't it?)
- Internships start in early 2013 & will last at least three months. You will be expected to be in the office two days a week
- Duties vary based on your expertise (writing, programming, etc.). Those duties will almost definitely include packing CDs
- Previous interns have gone on to bright futures as employees here & at other music-related companies
- Candidates for a remote internship need to include work samples.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Shoot an e-mail to Glenn at glenn AT brassland DOT org with the subject line "I WANT TO BE AN INTERN OR HELPER PERSON!"
- Before you shoot, make sure you've included a resume as well as a list your five favorite albums and the five most recent concerts you've attended. (Don't worry - we won't judge you...much.)
- Work samples: Remote interns need to demonstrate their genius in (1) blogging, (2) Soundcloud, (3) Bandcamp, (4) MySpace, (5) Flickr, (6) YouTube, (7) Tumblr, (8) MyShopify or (8) some crazy internet thing we've never heard of. (Nothing dirty, please.)
If you can do all that, you're hired!
People Get Ready announce new album, NYC gigs - April 23, 2014
When is a band more than a band? People Get Ready has inspired that question since their self-titled debut was released a year and a half ago. The shows in support of the record blew many people away, and took place everywhere from DIY clubs around Brooklyn, to a cross-country opening slot for Deerhoof, to "high art" performance spaces like BAM, LA's Skirball Center and Duke University. The group frequently adds auxiliary performers and homemade instruments (i.e. a "circumstantial guitar" strapped to its wearer's back and dragged on the ground by its headstock), ....continue....
[ More about People Get Ready ]Tweet
This is the Kit record with Aaron Dessner, release EP, tour Europe - March 03, 2014
This is the Kit are gigging again in Europe, revisiting many of the same cities they hit while opening The National’s autumn 2013 tour of the continent. Stops include capitals such as Paris, Berlin and a sold out date in London. (They've also added a May follow-up gig due to the demand.) Here are the dates: MARCH 15 Reutlinger, Germany - Burning Eagle Festival Warm-Up 17 Metz, France - La Chaouée 18 Beauvais France - La Maladrerie Saint-lazare (w/ Melissa Laveaux) 21 London, UK - The Lexington SOLD OUT 22 Manchester, UK - Gullivers 24 Rees-Haldern, Germany - Haldern Pop Bar 25 Hamburg, Germany - ....continue....
[ More about This is the Kit ]Tweet
Buke and Gase debut video(s), play gigs in Asia, Tenn & NY - February 14, 2014
Happy Valentine's Day! There's good reason to open with that cheerily romantic greeting: We hear some people really love them some Buke and Gase. Take this news brief as a kind of rose bouquet to you, the B&G loving audience. But...psyche! Anyone expecting lovely smells or great new sounds will be sorely disappointed. The main sense that will be stimulated by this post is your eyes as we introduce two new viewing experiences, starting with this video for "Metazoa"—or perhaps we should call it a "video"? The band requested the only ....continue....
[ More about Buke and Gase ]Tweet
Introducing The Gloaming & other Irish announcements - December 16, 2013
The holidays & another year's end always brings to mind fresh beginnings. Our latest signing, The Gloaming, recalls Brassland's own beginnings while plotting some new paths. Without further adieu enjoy a free introduction to the group by way of this Bandcamp download of one of their first live shows. If that's enough to convince you to help this music make its way in the world, go ahead & pre-order the album right now: - ITUNES (download) - BANDCAMP (download) - BRASSLAND STORE (compact disc) Digital copies will be delivered on or before January 21 and physical copies by February 11. Still ....continue....
[ More about The Gloaming ]Tweet